Airborne radio operator breast badge was instituted in 1940 and awarded until the abolishment of the monarchy on December 30, 1947.
The obverse represents an eagle with spread wings holding a bomb and four lighting bolts in its claws. The crowned Romanian escutcheon with a centered black-and-white Royal House shield is situated in the middle of its chest.
The Airborne radio operator badge is made of silvered bronze while escutcheon, shield and crown are enameled.
The reverse is plain and has a horizontal safety pin and a catch.