Court Hunting Honor Badge was instituted on November 03, 1909 by the German emperor and Prussian king Wilhelm II. An avid hunter and promoter of Prussian hunting traditions Kaiser thus aimed at reinstitution of a Royal Prussian hunting order introduced exactly half a century ago.
It was on November 03, 1859 that the Prussian Prince Friedrich (Friedrich Karl Nikolaus von Preußen, 20.03.1828 – 15.06.1885) instituted the Noble Order of the Saint Hubertus White Stag (“Der sehr edle Orden vom weißen Hirschen Sancti Huberti”). It was awarded to distinguished members of the Prussian royalty until 1885 when the founder passed away.
Court Hunting Honor Badge had an oval vertical shape and consisted of an oakleaf wreath tied by ribbons on its left and right sides and a head of a deer with a cross topped by a Royal crown. A number “
The badge was superimposed on a light and dark green enameled oval shield thus surrounding a deer head.
The badge was attached by a vertical pin and catching hook on its reverse.
Royal Prussian Court Hunting Honor Badge was instituted in three classes that shared basic design.
The highest class of the badge was made of gilt silver leaving the deer head and wreath ribbons silver colored. The badge, 2nd class had dark silver wreath while deer head and wreath ribbons remained light silver. Third class of the badge was struck entirely of bronze. Green enameled background was the same for all the three classes.
An award was manufactured by a court jeweler company “Sy & Wagner”, its production was financed by a Royal couple out of a special fund raised for this purpose.
Only 26 badges were to be awarded this symbolic quantity corresponding to the exact number of the still alive awardees of the initial Noble Order of the Saint Hubertus White Stag (25 noblemen altogether). The 26th badge was reserved for Wilhelm II himself as a founder of the Royal Prussian Court Hunting Honor Badge.
The only award ceremony took place during the Order 50th jubilee celebrations. Two first class, nine second class and seventeen third class badges were awarded. The manufacturer delivered this exact quantity of badges in conformity with the number of distinguished noblemen presented at the ceremony.
Royal Prussian Court Hunting Honor Badge was worn on a left breast pocket of the Royal hunting society (kasierliche Jagdgenossenschaft) official uniform.